Essex Rescue Subscription
Our subscription plan allows community members to support our volunteers in answering your calls for help. Almost 15% of our budget comes from subscriptions and donations from the residents we serve. Your support is essential to our work and we greatly appreciate it.
Subscription is also a great way to control your own healthcare costs. You can subscribe for a small annual fee and if anyone in your household is transported by Essex Rescue, you won't pay a dime. We'll bill your insurance, but any costs you're responsible for, such as a deductible, are covered with your subscription. Even if you don't have insurance, you can still be a subscriber.
2024 Subscription Options
Subscription Effective Dates (January 1st to December 31st)
Essex Rescue OnlySUBSCRIBE HERE
This is for anyone in our service area, but only applies to Essex Rescue ambulance service.
NEW! Essex Rescue and Richmond RescueSUBSCRIBE HERE
This is only available to subscribers who live in Jericho or Underhill, and applies to ambulance service provided by Essex Rescue and Richmond Rescue.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This is not an insurance policy; it covers any outstanding fees that your insurance carrier does not cover.
- Essex Rescue will bill the patient's insurance carrier and waive any denied coverage, co-pay, or deductible amount you would otherwise by charged.
- Subscriptions are non-refundable, non-transferrable, and not prorated.
- Subscriptions are only valid when a completed, signed subscription agreement and full payment are received by Essex Rescue.
- Terms of the subscription only apply to services provided after Essex Rescue has received your subscription agreement and payment.
- Eligibility requires the fee to be paid in advanced of services provided by Essex Rescue.
- Note: We cannot automatically re-enroll individuals in the subscription on program, year-to-year.
Frequently Ased Questions
What if I don't subscribe by the first of the year?
No problem. Subscribers may enroll at any time during the year. Understand that you're not covered under the subscription terms until an agreement form and payment are received.
You never know when you or someone you care about will need emergency medical services. The cost of emergency medical services without transport can range from $150 to $250. And emergency transport can exceed $2,000, not all of which may be covered by your health insurance.
What Does It Cost?
A onetime minimum contribution of $50 provides you and your household membership in the Essex Rescue subscription program for one calendar year starting January 1st to December 31st.
Who Is Eligible?
The subscription covers anyone living in the household regardless of their relationship to the subscriber as long as they are listed on the subscription agreement form.
Who Is Covered On The Plan?
Those covered under Essex Rescue's subscription plan do not need to have health insurance to subscribe.
What Is Not Covered Under The Subscription?
Please understand the Essex Rescue subscription program benefit only applied to emergency situations and for services provided by Essex Rescue. Essex Rescue responds to thousands of public requests for service every year. There are times we rely on our partner ambulance services to respond in our community; this subscription program does not apply to bills from other ambulance services.
How Do I Know What Ambulance Covers My Address?
If you have questions about who covers your address as the primary ambulance, contact Essex Rescue and we can assist with identifying that for you.